Summer Is Here

I know, I know, it doesn't "officially" start until June 20 but as far as I'm concerned as soon as I have to fire up the lawnmower summer is here. Anyone who knows me is aware of how much I despise mowing. It's not that I have a large yard. I most certainly do not but nonetheless every stinking week I spend time pushing a lawnmower around and around like a hamster running inside an exercise wheel. I would much rather be on a picnic near a lake, poking in and out of shops in one of our many picturesque New England seaside villages, or visiting one of Connecticut's thirty-plus vineyards. But summer isn't all fun and games. Even though it is beautiful outside there are still things about it that are not so pleasant. Similarly, many people think that when one comes to faith in Jesus from that point on life is supposed to be nothing but sunshine and lollipops. While it is true that when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior there will be many days just as nice as sitting on a blanket in the shade sipping a glass of chardonnay there will also be, however, days that are as much fun as marching around the yard inhaling gasoline fumes grass sticking to the sweat dripping off your body as your eyes water and itch and you sneeze every ninety seconds. But, have faith, those most irritating of moments will pass and soon I'll be sitting on my deck reading a great book enjoying a nice riesling. In the midst of a really difficult situation or circumstance in your life remember God is with you. He will never leave you or forsake you. Summer, winter, spring or fall. He is walking beside you and loves you very, very much. And I do have to admit when I finish mowing the lawn really looks nice. Whatever it is you're going through when God brings you through it and you look back you'll see that God has used it to strengthen you. 

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation." 
                                                Romans 5:3-4

Comments

Popular Posts