Happy Birthday?

One of my most favorite Bible readings is Psalm 139. In verses 13-18 we read,

“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body

                        and knit me together in my mother’s womb.

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!

Your workmanship is marvelous – how well I know it.

You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,

as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.

You saw me before I was born.

Every day of my life was recorded in your book.

Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!

I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!”

I mention this, because today is our Director of Family Ministry Kyle Singerman’s birthday! He turns thirty today. Over the years, I have found birthdays to be odd. We celebrate a year of what? Breathing? We ate and slept for another 365 days. Is that an accomplishment? Really? The person who should get some credit today is our mothers. They did all the work. Perhaps on our birthdays we should get them a gift. Send them some flowers.  

The other person we should recognize is the creator of life – God. He was the one who knit us together in our mother’s womb. He planned for us. He waited for us, and He celebrated when we arrived. He has a purpose for us. Every single one of us.

I know there are people in the world the evil one uses to try to tear us down, disparage, criticize, and condemn. That’s what Satan does. Jesus said in John 10, Satan’s primary purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy, and the devil uses all sorts of people to try and accomplish that on his behalf.  

Do not listen to him. Instead, on your birthday – on every day – give God thanks and praise for His marvelous workmanship – you!

So, happy birthday Kyle, and anyone else who may share it with him today. Remember God could not wait for you to get here, my friend, and you are so valuable to Him that He was willing to go to the cross for you. That is certainly reason to celebrate! 

----------------------------------------------------- 

Remember to email your praises and petitions to southchurchprayer@gmail.com. We lift them up every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, at 4:00 pm on Facebook Live.

     

Comments

Popular Posts