Methylchloroisothiazolinone?

I was in the shower the other day and happened to look at the back of Renée’s shampoo bottle. (I don’t use shampoo. I just use the bar of soap I wash everything else with.) Besides water, I had trouble pronouncing a lot of the other ingredients. Sodium benzoate, Ethylene Glycol Distearate, Trihydroxystearin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Benzyl alcohol, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Sodium chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric acid, and Sodium citrate. Now, I do not have a clue what those are or what they do, but we know it works. Our hair gets cleaned.

In a somewhat similar fashion, we read in Isaiah, “‘My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,’ says the Lord. ‘And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts’” (Isaiah 55:8-9). Again, in Romans, the Bible says, “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them” (Romans 8:28). 

Yeah, oftentimes I have not a clue why things are happening in my life or in the world. None of it seems to make any sense at all. Yet, when all is said and done, God has a plan and a purpose for everything and everyone. It just works. I may not live to see things to their completion, but in the end, we have to trust that God will make it all work.

I think of it as being a puzzle piece. We are just one puzzle piece. We may see the other four pieces that are connected to us, but we do not have the ability to see the picture on the box – the final product – but God does. He is the creator of the puzzle and all the pieces like you and me. Be the best puzzle piece you can be, and trust Him with the rest. He’ll make it work.   

----------------------------------------

Remember to email your praises and petitions to southchurchprayer@gmail.com. We lift them up every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, at 4:00 pm on Facebook Live.

Comments

Popular Posts