No Questions Asked

Years ago, I read a devotion by Max Lucado a very well-known pastor and author. I wanted to share it with you all this afternoon. Max writes,                   

When we get to heaven, I want to meet the guy with the donkey. I have several questions for him.

                  How did you know it was Jesus who needed a donkey?

          How did it feel to look out and see Jesus on the back of the donkey that lived in your barn? Were you proud? Were you annoyed? Were you aware that all four Gospel writers would tell your story?

Was it difficult to give something to Jesus for Him to use? I want to ask that question because sometimes it’s hard for me. Sometimes when God wants something I act like I don’t know He needs it. Then I feel bad because I’ve missed my chance. And other times, too few times, I hear Him, and I obey Him and feel honored that a gift of mine would be used to carry Jesus into another place.

You and I each have something in our lives, which, if given back to God, could, like the donkey, move Jesus and His story further down the road.

It could be that God wants to mount your donkey and enter the walls of another city, another nation, another heart. Do you let Him?                     

A donkey was a means of transportation and a beast of burden. Donkeys were the first century’s version of a pickup truck. Not everybody had one because not everyone could afford one. Not only did you have to have the means to purchase a donkey. You needed a place to keep it (like a barn) and the resources to pay for food.”

This guy did. He had a “pickup truck,” and I am sure he used it to travel to and from work. To carry goods and wares to market and supplies and provisions back home. I don’t know if this man lived in town or outside town. Perhaps it was a five- or six-mile journey, which he would have to now make on foot without his donkey. Nonetheless, without a second thought, it seems he tosses the keys to his “truck” over to the disciples because Jesus needed it. No questions asked. He really had no idea when or even if he would ever get it back. It did not seem to matter.

Would you hand over to God whatever He wanted? Even if it meant you had to start walking everywhere? Oh, yes, Pastor! I most certainly would! most people say. Well, the good news is, God does not want your car. What He wants is your heart. That’s all He’s ever asked you for. Will you give it to Him - no questions asked?

----------------------------------------------------- 

Remember to email your praises and petitions to southchurchprayer@gmail.com. We lift them up every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, at 4:00 pm on Facebook Live.

Comments

Popular Posts