I Can’t Find My Car Keys

One of my favorite psalms is Psalm 139. It begins, “O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord” (Psalm 139:1-4).

This points out that not only does God know everything we will think, do, and say beforehand. He also cares about our everyday lives. Jesus said in John 10 that His purpose was to give us a rich and satisfying life. I think we can sometimes think of God as way out there somewhere up in heaven. Disconnected. Removed from everyday life ready to respond when we are in need. Kind of like an EMT, firefighter, or police officer. We call 911 when we are in a spiritual emergency and God shows up. He does but He also cares about our day-to-day existence. Perhaps we (or a loved one) are struggling with an addiction or under great financial stress. God cares. He’s there. If your child is having a tough time in school. If you are stressed at your job. If you’re trying to eat healthier and lose a few unwanted pounds. If you’re trying to spend more time in prayer or in the Word. We all face daily challenges. Some are more significant than others, but God knows them all and, in all things, wants to give us a rich and satisfying life.

Stay in regular contact with Him. Daily. Not just when the you know what hits the fan. Talk to Him. It doesn’t take fancy words or any sort of formal prayer. Just let Him know you know He is there. “Lord, I appreciate everything You’ve done for me today.” “Lord, it has been a good day. Thank you.” And keep Him involved in your day-to-day. “Lord, I can’t find my car keys. Can you help me?” “Lord, I’m struggling with (fill in the blank) today please give me strength.” 

You may not think your daily struggles are significant and don’t feel they are worth bothering God with such things. Perhaps we feel that we should wait until we really have a crisis. Then, we’ll seek Him. There is a great story in Exodus 2 where Moses flees Egypt and arrives in Midian. He sits down beside a well. Verses 16-17 tell us, “Now the priest of Midian had seven daughters who came as usual to draw water and fill the water troughs for their father’s flocks. But some other shepherds came and chased them away. So Moses jumped up and rescued the girls from the shepherds. Then he drew water for their flocks” (Exodus 2:15-17). God used Moses to help water Jethro’s sheep. There is no such thing as insignificant to Him because you are significant.

Lean on Him every day and in all things. Trust Him. Talk with Him. He loves you. He cares about you, and He wants to give you a rich and satisfying life. In all ways.

----------------------------------------------------- 

Remember you can email praises and petitions to southchurchprayer@gmail.com. We lift them up every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, at 4:00 pm on Facebook Live.

 

Comments

Popular Posts